
April 21, 2008
A little bird told me that I forgot to include a "topic" in my last blog entry. You all thought you were getting off the hook no doubt. Ha!
Good grief! Only five weeks to go and your first year at Goddard will be history. Reflecting on this past year and your teaching practice, what will you do differently in the new school year? (that's the time period AFTER summer break) As you know, teaching is not a static profession. That's one of the reasons why it is such a great job. Teachers continually strive to be better. Please share a goal for the new year.
4 comments:
Well, as there are only 5 weeks left I guess I shoud respond to a blog. :) One of my favorite parts of the year was the AVID training I went to. Next year want to start the year off implementing some of the strategies I learned at AVID.
Next year, I really want to get the kids talking and teaching each other more often. I did a couple of units this year where the kids were the experts, and they got so much more out of those units. I surveyed them after those units, and found that they really enjoyed the experience, and felt empowered by it. Although it was incredibly frustrating and a little chaotic at times, I feel that it was very valuable.
Next year I will be teaching Language Arts. I want to allow more time in class for reading individually and as a group. I think reading is one of the most important skills that a human being can acquire. I would also like to find material that appeals to both boys and girls. I have been told (and would imagine) that it can sometimes be difficult to find material that appeals to both boys and girls.
Currently, I supply kids with a big black 3-ring binder and dividers to help them organize. I went to the interactive notebook session last week at our in-service. Tammy and Meghan haad some very cool examples and ideas. I have been thinking about trying this out with my kids next year to start the year.
Post a Comment